Monday, November 4, 2013

How Social Media Has Changed Us


Whether you are an everyday user or simply just browse from time to time, odds are you use one or more social media websites and apps daily. Social media has paved the way for a new way of communication. Gone are the days of e-mail, the horrible ICQ messaging, and the screaming at Yahoo or MSN over their latest update on their messenger that took away some feature you used to love. Now we can simply connect with all of our friends, share pictures with ease, and easily plan events months away. Sounds good, right? It's not always a nice thing.

Facebook Stalking
It's probably happening to you right now.

This is one of my main gripes. Facebook is just getting worse and worse when it comes to this. And it seems with each new update to the massively popular social network, they are throwing more and more of your info out there and making it easier for those creepy people to find you. Whether it be from an ex or that creepy dude still living in his mom's basement, somebody will probably be snooping around on all of your stuff. Remember, a restraining order is just another way of saying I love you!

Annoying Youtubers

Your face, my fist. NOW

I use youtube for mostly music and music videos. Sometimes gaming videos and also the funny stuff people send me from time to time. So why was this...THING and his annoying helium voice popping up on my suggestions? And how in the hell did this spawn an actual movie? I lose faith in humanity. And this one isn't the only one. Even more annoying kids, annoying old people of all colors and creed, thinking they can tell me the news better than NBC, CNN, Fox? No, you're so much better at it, that's why you do it for free. And don't get me started on the people whispering to me each time I record something. "You gonna put that on youtube? Hey man, youtube? Youtube it?" 

Hashtags...
STOP.  
This has got to stop. I can't tell you how many young people come into my store and while we're working, they're too busy typing hashtags about working or posting a picture on facebook with a large amount of these. Stop now, you're killing us all. I get it, that night of partying you did was probably epic. Judging from the pictures and the amount of alcohol I see, your next hashtags should read: #pregnant #free clinic #father #dontneedcollege
 
Social media has definitely changed things, but for the younger generation it seems to be for the worst. Yes, we are all more connected, but  as things become more connected and intertwined, I feel like society loses. We become lazy and the annoying people become even more annoying. I don't need a status update about your bowel movement, why you think Obama is the antichrist, nor will I like and share your pictures. Yes, that must mean I hate babies, Jesus, and all things good and innocent. But for the love of the god, when society spends their times on their phones or pc's and devote their time to this...God help us. Avoid it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment