Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Google+, Myspace and Facebook. Which is the best?

Facebook
 
In this day and age, I can honestly say that I only know of a few people who don't use facebook. Virtually every person with a cell phone and or a pc uses it. It's popularity grows more and more each day but many people are unhappy with the direction it is taking us and I am one of those people. Facebook today vs the facebook of the past is very different. They have changed to style and layout, added new features and taken away many of the privacy options. Facebook's never ending quest to get you connected to others is just pushing your info out there for others to see.

My main gripe with facebook is how its turned many people into practically zombies, posting their whole life at all times. Facebook is not a diary, we don't care about your daily jog, your plans each day, nor do I want to know about your bowl movements, but yet I still see that from people. As the popularity of this social network grows, I honestly believe the stupidity does as well. Don't drink and facebook either, that always turns out WELL.

Not all things are bad with facebook. Event planning, catching up with old friends and family is always nice. Pictures and videos are easily shared as well as music. But I would still gladly take the old Facebook over the new.

Myspace





Well this place went through a major overhaul. I'm still on the fence about this one. It's nice to get away from Facebook, in fact I wish to hell something else would come along and take over the throne for a while. But I don't think myspace is it. The new myspace is totally redone and a little confusing at first, but over piddling around for a bit, you can get the hang of it. I miss the old myspace days of customizing layouts, not having one single layout forced down your throat. Myspace is also offering a better way to connect to artists and discover new music, which is a good thing.

The bad? Virtually nobody is using it. It's a dead zone in the social media world. A ghost town on the internet when compared to facebook. I can't say that I know of anybody who actively uses myspace. It holds promise, but I don't think it will ever come back to its glory days.

Google+



 I really don't have much negative to say about this. I wish more people used it rather than facebook. Google+ has some nice features such as hangouts and the video chat is awesome. I also like the ability to see other posts from random people and news, so you don't always have to see the same stuff each day. It's a refreshing take on the regular routine of facebook.

If only more people would use it, I could see this one overtaking facebook easily. The only problem is Google's attempts at forcing the network down people's throats, like the new comment system on youtube. If it's not broken, don't fix it. Many people cried afoul when they realized to comment on youtube you would have to create a Google+ account. And don't force me to make one when I create a youtube account either. This turns people off of your product.

Out of the big three, I enjoy Google+ more. I am guilty of not using it too much since most of the people I know use facebook, but I plan on it using it more often. They don't sell my information to marketing companies, they don't force me to give up some of my privacy (unless the NSA wants it), and the connectivity to other Google services is a plus. Facebook is one site, one company. Google is one massive company with many services and products which helps them with Google fans. But no matter what anybody chooses, I'm sure these three will be around for quite a while.





 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment